Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tears from Thailand....:)

I've been known to shed a few tears.  I can't help it.....I am a total emotional basket case.  So naturally, I befriend people who are stoic, emotionless, and basically...robots in the flesh. Which is why Money and I are such great friends.  She's never been affectionate, or huggy or even weepy about moving away and being miles and miles away from me.


Since moving to Thailand though, she is FINALLY realizing what our friendship means!  In fact, this time....she shed tears before she went back.  
Big. Fat. Hot. Tears. 

And for that...she's getting the "tribute" on my blog that she's been bugging me for!

Money is the type of person that everyone instantly LOVES.  She literally doesn't have a care in the world, and makes you believe the same for yourself!  We've known each other forever...became great friends in high school.  Hated each other in college.  (I even UNASKED her to be a bridesmaid in my wedding...I do NOT play!)  Then rekindled our love for each other a short while later...and have been inseparable since!  

She's notoriously hateful.  But with a childlike smile....it doesn't seem so bad....

Spending time with her, is truly nostalgic.  I can't help but loosen up and be myself around her.  I love how carefree I am when I'm with her.  Things I worry about, are a distant memory when Money is next to me. 

This summer was no different.  Money came, and in her usual way, made her time here unforgettable.  We were able to hang out....kids got their quality time playing super heroes while we indulged on Mexican coke and white cheddar Cheetos.  

And she was irreplaceable in her contributions to our VBS.  Thailand has not changed that about Mon...she is still perfectly content being behind the scenes....I am so inspired by her selflessness.

And just like that, the story of this summer is over, and she is off to live her exciting life in Thailand.  But she assured me....that she misses home....she misses our church...and she misses us....
And while I ADORE my elephant harem pants from Thailand....absolutely nothing matches the proof of love that shed tears bring....
Mon...hurry home!  I miss you more than you know...and I miss the me that only you can bring out!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas Family....

Susan Chacko and I were friends from the get go in high school...if you don't count the small issue of me calling her a really ugly name...