Saturday, January 29, 2011

Camera Hospital

It was inevitable. I was waiting for it to happen actually. My camera had an accident...and had to be taken to the "camera hospital". It was really traumatic for me. I didn't realize how much my camera meant to me, until I had to part with it for over a week to be diagnosed and fixed at the shop. You can imagine my relief when they called to say my camera was fine....just needed a new lens. Phew!
Shibu has made me cross my heart and hope to die, stick a dirty needle in my eye.... that I will take better care of his gift to me.

It's official...I'm no longer a hygienist at Precise Dental of Houston. I have FINALLY started working for my dear friends at Your Perfect Smile Dentistry in Kemah. After a six year love affair, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I LOVE my new job...my new coworkers...my new scenic drive...and most of all...my new and improved schedule. I am so blessed to be able to balance work with mommyhood. I love the flexibility of my career. And look forward to all the quality time me and Sanjay will get to share....while daddy works to "bring home the bacon"! (kinda sad when Sanjay thinks Shibu is LITERALLY going to bring home some bacon...and gets disappointed when I tell him it's just a saying...and that we won't be getting bacon for dinner tonight)

and also...I finally understand what people mean when they say you "lose inches...not pounds".
I used to think that was a load of garbage. Until I started being a gym rat...and have lost about 3 pounds in 3 weeks. Oh really, Body? This is how you're going to treat me for years of feeding you delicious sweets and mouth watering Kerala food? Thanks for nothing.
But I think I look a little different...:)
my bathing suit doesn't look too bad...

that's right, folks...I will be sporting a bathing suit for our week long vacation to Cancun in March!! Our evenings lately have been planning and dreaming about our trip....even Sanjay is hype about it....:)

okay...the end...
except for a few cute pics....of course! This is my photography site after all!



Our very own Baby Einstein...




1 comment:

  1. oh no! sorry to hear that, but glad your camera is okay! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thomas Family....

Susan Chacko and I were friends from the get go in high school...if you don't count the small issue of me calling her a really ugly name...