Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Would the real photographer please stand up?!

Well, well, well.  I took a small hiatus from toting my camera around whilst pregnant, cause I simply COULD NOT carry the extra weight.  Can we say, swollen feet?  Seriously, it got a little scary there near the end, but ended in an amazing birth story.  

I swore to myself after Sanjay's birth, that I would FOR SURE capture this pregnancy and delivery in pictures, to savor the last moments of my life, carrying another life.  (I was pretty sure when I said my final good bye's to my sweet friends at Dr. Randall Dunn's office, that I would not be returning to try and have more kiddos.  And after giving birth to my new babe...I am CERTAIN I won't be going through all that again...unless of course, God does one of those little miracle's He's capable of doing.) 

In any case, I wanted lots of pics of me pregnant.  Why?  Well, because here is the photographic chronicle of my pregnancy with Sanjay...






Four pictures to remind me FOREVER of the most amazing moments in my entire life?  I was so mad at myself!  Not because I'm a "take a photo of my belly every month" kind of gal.  But because I really enjoyed that period of my life.  (In my defense, getting to that point in my life took some effort, and I was nervous every step of the way, that something could go wrong.  So I think I was careful not to get too caught up in the excitement, and tried to play down all that was happening.)

So this time was supposed to be different.  It was supposed to be the pregnancy I enjoyed and took photos throughout!  But then I started getting these terrible headaches.  And then I was sick for two months with a wretched cold.  Then I started having to go to the Dr. every week because she had a notion that I might become pre eclampsic...she's pretty good like that.

And so, there are even FEWER pics of this pregnancy!!!  How is it that I am a photographer?!






This pregnancy was FAR more difficult that my previous, but just as precious.  The first one brought us the sweet boy who made us parents.  And this one brought us all the moments we knew to savor because it would likely be our last.  

And while it would have been nice to be able to go through photos to relive the moments, I am sure the experience itself has left an indelible mark on my memory.

Mommy of two,
Shiny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thomas Family....

Susan Chacko and I were friends from the get go in high school...if you don't count the small issue of me calling her a really ugly name...